Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

He too, did it...

 
 
Many people will disagree with me but I
feel don't blame PCB as they're pathetic
but I didn't expect such a childish act
from him
As right now when I am writing all this, Pakistan white washed Ireland 2-0, in Belfast yesterday (Monday, 30th May 2011), but again Pakistan Cricket was under spotlight later that night, when I was about to sleep at night when news broke that former Pakistani ODI Skipper Shahid Afridi has retired from International Cricket under condition that he'll return when current cricket board will be dissolved.

Being a Shahid Afridi fan, I said to myself mate you did just right, as whatever was happening with you recently means that such an action was on cards. But later on when I thoroughly went through all this fiasco, I felt that PCB was on fault but Afridi on the other hand was not right in going for an emotional tactic.

Why I am saying so?
Because in an corporate organization (don't wanna say PCB though), one must has to follow the rules and regulations of an organization whether you like it or not, its obligatory. If Afridi had some sort of problems with management, he should have created some lobbying so that he may get some favour against the PCB which could had made his case a lot stronger than right now, as right now when I am writing this, PCB has terminated his central contract and thinking of sending another show-cause notice to him! That's what I feel decisions made on emotions backfire, this is the prove of it.

 
Reasons to prove:
1. If PCB was so hostile than weren't there any other options other than exposing your aces?

2. If he felt he was not treated the way he should have been, than there were other ways to expose them instead of exposing them in front of Pakistani media, which has been without a sense of patriotism and will publish any report without confirming that whether it'll help the country or not!

3. If he was having problems with management, than he should had gone for a step-by-step revelation, instead of direct revelation, consequences he's already facing. I feel the current PCB will put him under such restrictions that he'll find it difficult to return from that exile, even though if PCB changes.

4. There are ways like putting your case in front of the board of directors of PCB. I know those people are also sold out but still there was some moral gap than that yeah I put my case over there that's why I am taking such drastic steps, than PCB won't had any chance for explanation.

5. He could had taken a diplomatic step that he complained of having players respecting problems, he could had made a league of his own comprises of former skippers in this tenure and than he could had put pressure on the PCB, that could had worked.

The reason I am writing all this, there were alternatives but taking a drastic step to show he was innocent and others were doing wrongly to him, is a childish act, because already retirements from a Pakistani player has been a joke as they retire and they come back. What I feel the definition of retire is to end, finish and not to continue, what sort of retirement is this? Like some English communication errors, we're using redundant and ambiguous terminologies like partial retirement etc. Already Pakistani Cricket has suffered alot because of this "partial retirement sort of blackmailing", this should be stopped by any means. Respectable nations don't do such pathetic acts to deteriorate their country's impression and let their country's flag to go down, when our players will learn it? Time will tell
 
 
Best affiliate payout program guaranteed with FileSonic.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter at Cricsphere

Free counters!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Featured Post

Not Again!

1. New Zealand's dominant win over Pakistan in the third T20I sparks questions on Pakistan's T20 strategy. 2. Babar Azam defends Pa...