With reference to Osman Samiuddin's article on Cricinfo i.e. IPL door ajar for Pakistan players, but just, the article clearly states
Kamran Akmal, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul and Misbah-ul-Haq, the gang of four who already had existing contracts with franchises, had their visas cleared earlier today by the Indian ministry of external affairs, briefly raising hopes that they may be allowed in after all. But because they missed the December 7 deadline to do so, their contracts remain suspended, according to Lalit Modi, chairman IPL. It wasn't, however, a total reinforcement of the league's earlier decision which ruled them out totally; they can, in the right circumstances, still appear.
"The current players will be kept in suspension as they have not fulfilled their obligations," Modi told Cricinfo. "The current suspended players cannot go to the auction. But they will be available to the franchisee for replacement if they have a spot. So their price does not change and others cannot bid for them as it will be a disadvantage for the existing owners."
I am not here to criticize the IPL board's decision, but to our own Cricket Board's steps which they took to tackle this situation regarding Pakistani Cricket Players participation in the 3rd IPL tournament expected to be held in April 2010. There were quite other options too for tackling such situation which is making a non-Pakistani investor or an analyst that Pakistani Cricket Board plus Players are running behind money and fame only.
What I am saying is that if they weren't allowed to participate normally in the 3rd leg of the tournament in 2010, so why BEGGING for their entrance in the tournament with Board's support behind the players! Just read this statement of Mr. Modi (no regrets Mr. Modi, I respect IPL's decision, just pointing fingers on our own cricket board)
Essentially this means that Tanvir, for example, can play for Rajasthan Royals only if they decide to free up a spot in their squad by getting rid of another foreign player. This will not be straightforward as the franchises involved - Rajasthan Royals (Tanvir and Akmal), Kolkata Knight Riders (Gul) and Bangalore Royal Challengers (Misbah) - have already replaced their Pakistani players after the contracts were first suspended.
This will come as a disappointment not only to the players but to chairman Ijaz Butt and the PCB. Butt has fought hard to get his players back into the IPL after they were prevented by their own government from playing in the second season, a fallout of a deterioration in political ties between India and Pakistan after the Mumbai attacks of 2008. He met Modi in October to begin finding a way back for the players. After confirming that visas had been granted earlier today, Butt intended to speak to Modi to try and get the four back in, despite missing the deadline, which had already been extended twice.
Some gains seem to have been made, however, as other non-contracted Pakistani players can enter this season's auction. "Others who are not with any franchisee can be in the auction. They need to apply by December 31. Once we get their request we will then put them on the list and fix a price," Modi said, before adding that "all contracts expire after this season and we will then go through new process again."
This is what I am asking, why such eagerness in entering the tournament, even on the sake of personal self respect, by entering the tournament as a 12th man in their respective teams, but still instead of our cricket board taking strict action on it by giving two option solution i.e. either yes or no but no maybe, but the things going vice versa. Just imagine, the team that is the holder of 2009 World T20 title, is playing the tournament with their players participating as 12th man, are we so degraded?