Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Just before the Semi-final 1 between New Zealand and Pakistan

Right now, when I am typing these lines, it is 9th November, Allama Iqbal holiday in Pakistan, and we are going to witness a cliffhanger game between the finalists of previous series i.e., New Zealand tri nation series, viz., NZ and Pakistan are locking horns with each other in two hours' time.

One team topped the group, the other barely made it, just like it was three decades ago

There are parallels. They may not mean anything, but they're there, if you're the kind of cricket fan who looks for them. And if you're a Pakistan fan, you're always looking for parallels to 1992, as there have been similarities in between, decades ago during 1992 and scenario now, but as a matter of fact, we should not get relaxed and treat it as a game, 

Form guide

As per current form guide and the hiccups attitude of Pakistan Cricket Team, three wins on the trot is something raising eyebrows, if PAKISTAN wins todays' match, I wish I would be proven wrong as I want it to win but realistically speaking, and as per my internal gut feeling, (again, I want my gut feeling wrong), things might go South for Pakistan, furthermor, both teams' are coming off a win hence today's match might be heartbreaking for one team, where I am placing my onus on NZ (again, I want myself to be wrong).

Best WordPress Hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter at Cricsphere

Free counters!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Featured Post

The Bane of Pakistani Cricket: Media-Created Teams

Cricket has long held a significant position in Pakistan, with the country's rich legacy of producing some of the world's finest pl...