Search This Blog

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Start of Pakistan's Journey in World T20

Today at 10.30 PM Pakistan Standard Time i.e. +5 GMT, Pakistan is going to start its journey in World T20 against Bangladeshis who have been gaining some form which have been seen in recently concluded series' against England and India at home, so this time it wont be that much easy winning against them. Although record show that their last win in WT20 was back in South Africa edition in 2007, and against Pakistan, Pakistan have the upper edge against them winning all 3 matches overall.

But like I mentioned earlier I am not a great fan of rating the teams on stats or past performance. Sign of improvement have been shown in Bangladeshi cricket team just like before the eve of 1996 Cricket World Cup in South Asia, Sri Lanka improved themselves to be a tough competitors in presence of Pakistan and India in the region, similarly the case I've been seeing with Bangladesh.

They already have beaten the best sides in ODIs like Australia, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka too, and Bangladeshi's have already beaten us in 1999 CWC in England in a league encounter, so one must say the Bengal tigers are starting to roar.

On the other hand, if I narrate what stats mention, Pakistan have the upper hand, although Bengal skipper mentioned they will exploit the turmoil which Pakistan cricket has faced since its concluded disaster tour of down-under earlier this year. So Pakistan should keep note of it, because I am sorry to say but they'll try to exploit no doubt about it, and we already have an example set by our elder when they took men from the land of Irish too much easy and they had shown what they were capable of, as we've been playing international cricket so its not a good idea to take them easy, because we must admit they are a good and better unit than us when fielding is concerned and where we lag alot.

Lets hope next morning when I wake up I'd have a Pakistan 2 - 0 Bangladesh scoreline.

Let the best team win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter at Cricsphere

Free counters!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Featured Post

Elevating Pakistan Cricket: A Deep Dive into Quality Standards and Performance Metrics

Introduction: In the dynamic world of cricket, quality standards play a pivotal role in shaping the success and reputation of a cricketing ...